(1) Driving to/from work in the fall means one can’t bloody see
well at all when one is driving towards the east in the a.m. and west in the p.m.
(1b) The average 4-door sedan is exactly the right height for sun glare to hit me directly in the eyes.
(2) Going to work when you’re still feeling under the weather but know that another day off will mean insanity can sometimes be okay.
(2b) However, staying a full 9 hour day can result in overtiredness and not breathing well.
(3) People can bloody well amaze you.
(3b) A client, who was a bit of a burden over the past couple of weeks sent a brilliant email to me and my boss (the CEO) today praising their new Web site and our work.
(4) Soup is the nectar of the gods.
(4b) Navy bean soup from Perfect Pita is the perfect lunch when one has no appetite.
(5) Frozen hamburger patties and onion sandwich buns can be the perfect dinner.
(5b) There is no 5b.
(6) I am so not a patient woman. (Is it 9/28 yet?)
(6b) I have been slightly spoiled for SGA Season 4, and am comfortable with the level of spoilers I’ve seen. Mostly photo posts on Joe M’s blog and a specific piece of dialogue in ep 1. Other than that, I prefer to remain unknowing and anticipating.
(7) Major networks can be asses.
(7b) Because of a work-related trip, I am going to *miss* the 10/5 episode of SGA. Because of the NBC/Universal break from iTunes, I can no longer blithely buy a Season Pass to my favorite SciFi shows. I repeat: asshats. I will DVR the show, however, iTunes allowed me to rewatch episodes weeks and weeks later, without worrying about hard drive space (I have a 500 GB hard drive just for iTunes). With DVR, I’m going to have to delete episodes of shows to catch others. Stupid NBC.
(8) Fan mail is really, really, REALLY cool.
(8b) Fan mail from other authors, whom you’ve never met: brilliant. (I got 2 fan emails this week, one from a reader, one from another romance writer).
(9) Callum Keith Rennie is really HOT.
(9c) So is Rodney McKay.
(9d) For that matter…
NOTE: above links may contain large picspam
(10) Torchwood continues to rock.
(10b) Even in the U.S.
Home is a very good place and I am so glad I’m in my jammies now.
Thanks to those of you who sent Get Well Soon Wishes!!