Release week begins in < 10 days!!
Sunday, October 25, guest blog at Amberkatze’s Book Blog and talk about why There’s No Place Like Plrtz Glrb*
Monday, October 26: guest bloggin at VampChix, where I talk about, what else? Vampires.
Tuesday, October 27: BLOOD KIN out in the wild!!
To celebrate my first completely brand new book with Juno/Pocket, I’m holding a contest.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE:
(1) Take a picture of one of my books in the wild (in a store, of you or someone holding the book, etc.)
(2) Take a picture of yourself in your Halloween costume, holding a copy of one of my books.
Take pics whenever you like, but you *must* submit them no later than midnight Eastern Standard Time, Monday, November 2, 2009.
HOW TO ENTER:
– either email me the image (.jpg, .gif, or .png) and I’ll post for you; make sure to comment below that you are sending me the photo.
– post the pic to your own photo hosting site and comment below with the URL for the pic.
Best costume overall: a set of all 3 of my books
Best fantasy costume: choice of two of my books
Best funny costume: choice of one of my books
– if there is an especially awesome photo in *either* category, this person will get the right to name a character in one of my upcoming books and have a set of my books donated to the library of their choice.
ETA: To cover legalities, I’ve modified the rules to include the following (thanks to for the disclaimer):
Contest restrictions: Because I don’t know all the various international laws (and thus don’t want to get in trouble for breaking any), contest is open to US and Canadian residents only. Any contest winners who cannot provide a US/Canadian shipping address will be disqualified and a new winnerdrawn.
GENERAL PHOTO WINNERS WILL BE PICKED RANDOMLY BY COMPUTER ( http://www.randomizer.org/ ). Odds of winning are based on number of entries. No purchase of any kind necessary for entry.
COSTUME ENTRIES WILL BE PICKED BY A TEAM OF IMPARTIAL JUDGES (some of my co-workers). None of the judges will be related to or know the entrants.
(sorry I have to do this, folks, but I’d rather not get entangled in international legalities!)
* Thanks to Joss Whedon for the great blog post title.