Uhm, yeah, so hi, all. What a rather fraught week this has been.
Little did I know that the tire blowout on the 3rd would turn into major repairs for my wee Smart! Turns out that due to a bizarre confluence of events, when the tire blew, the car jerked sideways (I must’ve hit the left curb due to the blowout?) – which caused a small part in the rear axle to bend a little, and threw the car out of alignment.
Long story short: Simply Red is still at the mechanics because the entire axle has to be replaced (can’t just replace the 1 part, because it’s a unit). Sigh. No car now for nearly a week (the 2nd time around…the 1st was when the idjits at the tire store couldn’t find a tire to replace the blown one).
Yesterday, I talked to my car insurance company and hallelujah!–it looks like they will cover at least part of the cost (est. $1700) plus I get a rental car.
It all sounds so simple and handleable when typed into neat paragraphs, but the situation kept unfolding in a series of phone calls and visits to the mechanic over a period of 2 weeks as they discovered in spurts what was really wrong…and then the price tag kept getting bigger and bigger and I got more and more frustrated and depressed. That, plus a nasty reaction to my current meds earlier in the week and I was so not a happy camper.
But the tides have turned and lo! I am once again hanging in there.
In other news:
- Matters of the Blood audio recording is DONE. It’s just now waiting for the official seal of approval by Wildside after review. Then it will be available on Audible.com for purchase.
- I’m still taking comments, feedback on my questions from last week re: Kickstarter & other projects. Would really love to get y’all’s opinion!
- Next week is Thanksgiving in the US. Normally, I’d go visit a friend or family. This year, I’m totally hanging out at home, cooking myself a turkey breast (yum!) and indulging in a little staycation. I’m sooo looking forward to it!
- I’ve begun recording Blood Bargain and hope to make a lot of progress over the weekend. My goal is to get at least one more audiobook done and up for sale by the end of the year.
- I finished reading The Hunger Games. Okay, wow. So now I know what the fuss is all about. I’m totally looking forward to the movie.
What’s been happening in your world? What new/old books have you discovered or re-discovered? What are you doing for the holidays? Enquiring minds want to know!