My story: I will tell you it.
In 2000, I moved to the DC area from San Antonio, TX. That’s when I began writing fiction seriously.
In 2004, my first short story, The Butler Didn’t Do It, was published in Chesapeake Crimes I, and garnered an Agatha Award nomination for Best Short Story.
In 2005, version 1.0 of Matters of the Blood was published by the same publisher that did the anthology. A few months later, said publisher fell off the map and many authors were angry because we never got paid…I had a 3 book contract. ::grrr arrgh::
In 2006, thanks to John Betancourt’s attending my panel @ Malice Domestic, Juno acquired Matters as a reprint. The trade paperback edition came out in March 2007.
In 2008, Matters was once again reborn, as a mass market paperback, followed by the 2nd in the Blood Lines series, Blood Bargain.
Now, in 2009, the Blood Lines series will once again be reborn as part of Juno/Pocket – as per the schedule below.
Juno/Pocket schedule for 2009:
* June 2009: Amazon Ink, Lori Devoti (first of series)
* July 2009: Vicious Circle, Linda Robertson (first of a series)
* August 2009: Demon Inside, Stacia Kane (second of series)
* September 2009: reprint Matters of the Blood, Maria Lima (first of a series)
* October 2009: reprint Blood Bargain, Maria Lima (second of series)
* November 2009: Blood Kin, Maria Lima (third of series)
* December 2009: Vampire Sunrise, Carole Nelson Douglas (third of series)
* January 2010: Hallowed Circle, Linda Robertson (second in series)
I’m a very lucky woman.
Oh, the e-book version of Blood Bargain is now available at Fictionwise.